Monday, August 26, 2013

UI&U, Vice President of Academic Affairs News Blog



Welcome to the official blog site for Dr. Nelson Soto, Vice President of Academic Affairs at Union Institute and University!

Check back for regular news updates on the initiatives and events in the VPAA office.

In my inaugural e-newsletter of The Union Strasse to the faculty and staff last month,  I mentioned that I wanted to share several guiding questions that are shaping my vision for Union Institute & University. These questions remain important to me as  I serve the community at Union, as I communicate with colleagues and external stakeholders, and even as I blog.

I wanted to reiterate those guiding questions here as well:


  • How is the thread of social responsibility permeated through our curriculum and interdisciplinary scholarship?
  • How can I provide an innovative space for faculty to explore new ideas to enhance curriculum and course offerings that parallel to current technological trends?
  • How can I foster an environment for thoughtful educators—individuals who inspire and teach learners to pursue their career aspirations and contribute to our global society?
  • How do I share the success of a Union education to our internal and external stakeholders?
  • How do I identify niche programs that support the Union mission?
  • How do I improve retention and graduation rates in all of our programs?

As Union Institute & University approaches its 50th anniversary next year, I hope you will join me not only in reflecting on what has made Union an innovative and exciting body of higher education in the past, but that you will also help me to keep asking those questions about how we continue the legacy of Union for another 50 years into the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment